19 January 2009

Here it goes again...

So Christmas was especially great. We spent the time in Texas with JG's sister and her 2 kids. Doing things like this (Yes that is my face behind the arm):


And looking at things like this:

I swear it's not a rug... ;)

Sadly starting about New Years things haven't been so easy. Rather than bore you with the long drawn out whiny details I felt like the following song describes the last 3 weeks of my life (honestly when I started this part I swear it felt like it had been 6 weeks, ya know.) You can make your own assumptions. One thing I do still have is hope. As you have probably heard, during life there are mountains and valleys. We must pass through them all. I hope you enjoy the song. Read the lyrics first, then at the bottom go to Youtube for the fun video from Ok Go.

It could be ten, but then again, I can't remember half an hour since a quarter to four. Throw on your clothes, the second side of Surfer Rosa, and you leave me with my jaw on the floor.

Just when you think that you're in control,
just when you think that you've got a hold,
just when you get on a roll,
here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again.
Oh, here it goes again.
I should have known,
should have known,
should have known again,
but here it goes again.
Oh, here it goes again.

It starts out easy, something simple, something sleazy, something inching past the edge of the reserve. Now through lines of the cheap venetian blinds your car is pulling off of the curb.

Just when you think that you're in control,
just when you think that you've got a hold,
just when you get on a roll,
here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again.
Oh, here it goes again.
I should have known,
should have known,
should have known again,
but here it goes again.
Oh, here it goes again.

I guess there's got to be a break in the monotony, but Jesus, when it rains how it pours. Throw on your clothes, the second side of Surfer Rosa, and you leave me, yeah, you leave me.

Just when you think that you're in control,
just when you think that you've got a hold,
just when you get on a roll,
here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again.
Oh, here it goes again.
I should have known,
should have known,
should have known again,
but here it goes again.
Oh, here it goes again.

Ok Go - Here it Goes Again

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

Looks like you had fun in TX!

I know how you feel, that song describes the uphill battle pretty well. Praying for you!

RunSickboyRun.com said...

I just found your blog and I was trying to get the word out about my new CF blog. Please spread the word!

www.RunSickboyRun.com

Jamie said...

Hey!
Update your blog!!! I hear from you after years...then you're silent! :)
I really would like to keep in touch!
Hope all is well~