10 December 2008

Jack in the Box


So after 10 days and a few more to look forward to this is how I am feeling. Although to be honest the food isn't as good as the Jack in the Box and that is saying something.

The words that have been going through my head all day are from the song by No Doubt:

Trapped in a box, four walls as sky
Got a screen for a window about two feet wide
My mind rides and slides as my circuits are fried
No room for thought, use the box as my guide
Trapped in a box

A sad commentary about american television, but the lyrics also apply to those of us that get trapped in a box for weeks at a time, a few times a year.

You can check out the video here.

Yes that is the famous Gwen Stefani as the lead singer of No Doubt. Which she did way before her solo career. As a music lesson, this was No Doubt's first ever video and cost $5000. It was never played on air.

So I am a Jack trapped in a box. But the good news is that I should be able to get outta my box on Friday afternoon.

5 comments:

Genevieve said...

Man...I'm feeling ya on that fo sure!

Thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon...thank GOD you get out on Friday!

wandering nana said...

Glad to hear you will soon be getting out.... if we were there we would bring you Cafe Rio....

Genevieve said...

jus checking in on you, hope you are better~ I only pray you can enjoy Christmas, I feel so much better, I did however have a lil trouble earlier today but the wind chill is -25 here, yeah- very, very cold!

Merry Christmas!

Genevieve said...

We need an update. :)

Lauren said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry you're in the "box" again. What a bummer of a way to spend the first few weeks of a new year. I'm praying that you get out soon. I miss your emails. Get better, okay?